you are interested in becoming a member of The LaPerm Society of America,
please read the following code of ethics. To download a membership
application click HERE or email
I will provide my cats with clean living conditions, adequate diet,
adequate space, proper health care, adequate attention, and in all ways treat
them humanely at all times according to the CFA Cattery of Excellence
I will never place a cat or kitten with a client if I suspect that these
conditions will not be met.
3. I will never give or sell kittens to pet shops or
distributors for same.
I will always give my clients an honest appraisal of any cat or kitten,
including its quality, potential as a show cat or breeder, and eligibility for
registration. I will make every
effort to see that my clients get what they pay for.
I will always provide my clients with a written contract (agreement)
specifying the conditions of all sales, stud service, boarding, and all other
6. I will always provide a written pedigree and registration
application(s) in a timely manner to all clients.
7. I will always make every effort to assure that the cat/kitten
purchased from me is delivered in a healthy condition, free of infectious
disease(s) and parasites.
8. I will always act in the best interests of the LaPerm breed
and in a way that will reflect favorably on my fellow LaPerm breeders and
promote the breed within CFA. If any disagreements or misunderstandings
regarding my conduct should arise, I will make every effort to see that they
are resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
If I cannot resolve such complaints myself, I will submit them to the
LaPerm Society of America Ethics Committee for arbitration.
I ALSO AGREE THAT I WILL PROVIDE WRITTEN REPORTS OF ALL SHOWS ATTENDED
(UNTIL SUCH TIME WE BECOME A FULLY RECOGNIZED BREED WITH CFA) AND LITTERS
PRODUCED ALONG WITH NAMES OF SIRE AND DAM AND ALL KITTENS.
I WILL ALSO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION AS TO BIRTH DEFECTS INCLUDING THAT
OF STILL BORN KITTENS OR THOSE LOST AT LATER TIMES AND THE CAUSES OF SUCH
10. As a voting member of LPSA I agree to register and show cats in CFA in order to help promote the breed to Championship status and understand that I may lose my voting privileges if I don't adhere to these requirements.
Website content by A.D. Lawrence